la Ketch

my life story

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

photo of Tay in the 8th grade

I'm going to the funeral of a childhood friend today. She was about to turn 36, which is the same age my mom was when my dad died. My friend has four small children.

I'm dreading going to this funeral but I know that it's important that I go. Her family needs to see how many of us loved their girl. She and I lost touch through the years but she sent me a message on facebook a while back and we said hi to each other.

What I remember about my friend is that she was always a mother, even when we were young. She always had her arms open for a hug and when my dad died she took me on when many of my friends didn't know what to do and some couldn't look me in the eye.

Is there anything more sad than 4 small children who have lost their mother?

nope.

say a prayer dear friends. I'm leaving for the funeral in about 30 minutes and I plan on taking a xanex in about 15.


1 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger YogaLia said...

My thoughts were with you yesterday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home