la Ketch

my life story

Friday, April 24, 2009

Davey's Words

Ball
Hi
Dog
Cat
Duck
Water (wha)
Bottle (Ba)
Mama
Dada (Ga)
Food
Car
Go
Walk (wha)
Bowl
Plate
Pop (corn)
Bath (ba)
Poo
Pee
Kiah (his cousin)
Please (plee)
Pool
Bike
Hat
Eggs (ayes)
Ice
yes (yah)

I think there are more. It seems like he's getting a new one every day. He understands so much more than he can say and he can communicate what he wants with signs and gestures. For instance putting him hands under his armpits and making monkey sounds means, "i want to watch my curious george video." he is obsessed with curious george and it's no wonder because they resemble each other a lot. I'm sure most people feel that their toddlers resemble monkeys but Davey is especially monkey like I think. He likes to watch the PBS show and also the full length movie with Will Ferrel as the voice of the Man with the Yellow Hat, which is pretty cute. We also listen to the Jack Johnson CD that is the soundtrack ad Naseaum.


Oh I forgot two more words: More and No. Those are used A LOT, especially more. Davey wants more of everything.

I went to an orientation for the preschool/daycare we're sending him to next Fall. He'll be going MWF 9-3. I'm really excited for him to start. It's such a great place. I love the director and the teachers and their philosophy and the environment. It's super diverse and the best part is that it wasn't outrageously priced and they didn't have a 3 year waiting list. Awesome. It's also very close to our house. It think he's going to love it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home