la Ketch

my life story

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Sooo, what have you been up to lately?

You know, just hanging out and stuff.

Oh, and I had a BABY.

I'm so sorry that I haven't written. It's just that I couldn't sit for a while due to the stitches in my ass from pushing my baby out of my vagina. I know it seems strange to have stitches in one's ass after pushing a baby out of one's vagina but I have learned through this experience that sometimes, the ass and the vagina are the same.

So I had a baby. The labor was long. Contractions started at 11:30am on Thursday July, 26th (Sak's Oracle = way off) and I had him at 10:05pm on Friday, July 27th.

Speaking of him:

David Muir Ketchum Bos

Oh yes, I am in love. More than a little smitten. This dude is it. Many people have tried to explain it and I guess you just can't really know it until it happens but there's a fullness unlike any other. It's to the brim. The very tip. *sigh*

Labor was the hardest thing I've ever done. EVER. I was so prepared for it on every level except for one. That would be the pain level. I just had nothing to compare it to at all. I've never broken anything, never had a tooth ache. I'm sure I could have endured it for a while but it just went on so long and I hadn't slept or eaten in so long...

So short story is that I labored naturally for a long time, got stuck dilated at 9 cm ( you need to get to 10) and I finally went upstairs to the hospital to get an epidural and petocin to increase the contractions. I got to a 10 and pushed the baby out with the help of suction. I had to get an episiotomy (look it up if you don't know) and a bunch of stitches which is why I couldn't sit for a while but now I can sit.

It was a very different birth than what I had imagined but it's also a common story for a first timer. I have absolutely no regrets and as soon as he came into the world it was truly washed away with his awesomeness. Well, I'll never forget it but it was a million times worth it and I'd do it again tomorrow (note to God - please don't make me do it again tomorrow).

So he's here! And he's very healthy and we are over the moon. I'm in heaven just hanging out with him every day. My mom has been here helping us and it's been so great. The whole thing has given me such a strong feeling for my mom. Now I can begin to see what she went through for me and how she's felt about me all along. And Dup was so amazing through the whole thing and I'm madly in love with him all over again. I can't believe we have this little dude now. It's unreal and so magic. He is going to be the best dad ever.

Certainlia wrote a really beautiful entry on her blog about meeting Davey and about how all of our friends were rallying in the blogosphere when I was in labor courtesy of my adorable sister's updates on the Galivanting Monkey's Blog. I can't tell you how much it meant to me that everyone was rooting for me and I'm getting a bit teary now recounting it. I asked for God's help a lot when it was happening. I kept saying things like, "I can't do this by myself" and "This is too big for me." and "God please help me." When I look back on how it all went down, I can see so clearly now how I was helped, how guardian angels were popping in and out all over the place, making things happen. I have no doubt that it was the collective energy of my friends and my family rooting me on that made this possible. So I just want to thank you. I can never thank you enough for that.

Ok, i have to go and see him now! More baby news to come and photos for days...

All my love,
mama laKetch

4 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger YogaLia said...

That made me get all choked up. What a crazy unbelievable thing--to be a mama. May blessings fall on your house like raindrops in a storm like the one we had the other day.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger momster said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger pete. said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet him.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger la Ketch said...

Thanks you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home