la Ketch

my life story

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yosemite

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in a long while. I'm so busy at work and we went on Vacation to Yosemite. It's a special place for my mom and sister and I because we spent a lot of time there with my Dad when my sister and I were young. I haven't been there since I was 11 years old and it was very powerful for me to be back, in a good way. I feel that my dad's spirit is there and going back was like visiting him in a way. The place we stayed was outside the valley and kind of gross although it did have a petting zoo which Davey loved. Next time we go we will definitely stay in the Valley because being there was like being in heaven.

Here is a little slice from one of my favorite parts of the trip. Jasper and I were just sitting on the edge of the Merced River watching Davey play in the mud and my Nephew Taj and my Niece Kiah jumping in and out of the water, which was FREEZING COLD. I jumped in a few times myself. It was so hot out and it felt really good. My favorite part about this video is the incomparable Half Dome hanging over it all. So beautiful. I just kept sitting there going, "I'm here. I'm here. I'm here."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home