la Ketch

my life story

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

RIP Albert Hoffman


http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/29/hofmann.obit.ap/index.html

The famous bicycle ride has ended.

It's no secret that I'm a fan of LSD and have taken a lot of it, well back in college I did, not anymore. I'm a mom for godsake people. I wouldn't do it again.... i think. Yes, I think I've had enough. In a lot of ways I feel like tripping on acid is like looking at the answers in the back of the book. Sure, there are the answers right in front of you but how do you GET the answer? That's what's most important to be sure.

Still, my college acid trips did a great deal to help me find myself and got me asking some really great questions, some of which I've found answers for and most that I haven't. Mainly, who put the bop in the bop she bop she bop? and of course, who put the ram in the ram a lang a ding dong?

sorry.

When I was in community college, before I started going to Western, I did a big paper and presentation on the discovery of LSD and what it does to your brain. I got an A. It helped that my teacher was a super liberal ex-hippie lesbian but I think the presentation was also very good. I did a ton of research and was able to speak pretty intelligently on the subject and field a HUGE barrage of questions from the students who came from all walks of life, being that it was community college. It wasn't just a bunch of 19 year old liberal kids in there and it turned into this great heated discussion which ended with this 40 year old dad republican guy asking me if I knew where he could get some, which was hilarious. Anyway, I'm off on a tangent patting myself on the back here but what I'm trying to say is that Albert Hoffman was a cool dude. (Do not get him mixed up with "Abbie Hoffman" the activist who also took a lot of LSD but wasn't the same person.)

I really do think it's a shame that LSD isn't legalised in a controlled way. I think that it could help a lot of people. It is an extremely dangerous drug though, very powerful. If you don't know what you're doing or if you're unstable at all and take too much you could permanently lose your mind for sure. I've seen it happen and it's not pretty! Still, it could help a lot of people. It definitely helped me.

Thanks Mr. Hoffman and rest in peace!

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Dan said...

As appropriate for the acid queen. You really should do a follow-up to the acid queen story. You could detail how you started really doing acid, and some of the experiences you had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home