la Ketch

my life story

Monday, August 13, 2007

Today

is my first day home alone with Davey.

I have Eliott too which makes it easier on some levels and much much harder on others. More on that transition later.

My mom left on Sunday and Dup and I both looked at each other like - oh SHIT. She's leaving us alone with this dude??? It's pretty scary and oh so real.

I don't have much time because he's asleep in his swing and I have to get some stuff done while that's happening. We had our first super fussy night last night and I feel pretty tired too so I might try and take a nap. They say to "sleep when the baby sleeps". So when do you do the dishes?

I honestly have no fucking idea how the millions of single mothers out there are doing it. NO IDEA. My sister has two and works full time and I am just in awe of it. What the fuck sister? HOW NO GO CRAZY YOU???

ok. wish me luck people. I think that even though he is so little and so adorable and I want to freeze him like this forever, I will feel a little better once Davey is a little less fragile. Like if he did accidentally fall off the bed it would just bruise him really bad but not kill him.

Oh god. He's so cute.

6 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger kww said...

YES! SO cute! And oh these fragile moments are so short. I can't believer his hair--beautiful.

I just keep thinking about how Pete kept asking if he had a name--it was so fun to be with B & P (and Sally) while you were laboring. We were drinking to you! Can't wait to meet little Davey.

You got it mama laketch, no worries, you got it.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger YogaLia said...

Sending you big major peace and sleepy vibes!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Eve said...

He probably will fall off the bed at some point, and it will almost kill you, but he will be just fine.

Go mama! Enjoy that little lovebug!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger momster said...

Yes, do sleep when the baby sleeps! You can always do the dishes later. And by later I mean anytime in the next week or so.
He is a cutie! Congratulations!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger HOMELY PLANET said...

Congratulations, H.

Tharp

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Jessica Leader said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family of four. Your son looks adorable! So much personality! And so squishy!

All the warmth a stranger can give,

Cake

 

Post a Comment

<< Home