la Ketch

my life story

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

a Dup shout out


Dup finished his last class for his MFA program last night. He turned in his last paper and he had his interview for a TA Position, which he'll start in the Fall so that he can start teaching in the Spring. He took his composition exam (which he passed) and he turned in his Thesis (a beautiful play). So he's like DONE!


I would be understating myself if I said I was proud of him. Dup has worked HARD these past two years. The program isn't insanely intensive or anything but he has been working full time at his day job and then going to class in the evenings and getting up so early to write his plays and his insane 20 page paper and it wasn't easy. The first year flew by and it was difficult for him to get back into it this Fall but he sucked it up and he did it. Not only did he do it but he did it WELL. He did it mindfully and he had a lot of self discovery with his writing and also just about what he was able to accomplish if he forced himself to follow through (i refer back to the 20 page paper).


Not only am I proud of the Dupster but I have an overwhelming sense of gratitude towards him. He got his MFA for himself but he also did it for us, so that he could get out of the office and be happier and also so that we could work out our schedule in a certain way when the baby comes. It's just making things possible for us.


When Dup asked me to marry him he told me that what he really wanted was to have a family. And you know, that's what I wanted too. And now look at us. We are about to have this little family for ourselves and it's so profound to me. I just love this guy.


To Dup! Champion among men and the man of my dreams. Cheers old boy, you did it...



2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

That is great. The greatest.

Congratulations, Dupinator! Congratulations to the family von Ketchum-Bos!

xoxo

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger HappyBabee said...

You guys are my role models! Congrats Dup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home