la Ketch

my life story

Monday, May 07, 2007

Dup hates cats...


Dup sometimes has horrible nightmares, usually someone scary is chasing him. He will start moaning in his sleep and then almost yell and wake himself up or I will wake him up and he'll grab on to me. The emotion surrounding these events is pure terror. I feel so bad for him when it happens. I just shush him and tell him it was a dream and he goes back to sleep. I always ask him if he remembers what it was that he was dreaming about and he'll tell me before he drifts back off.

So last night in an unprecedented moment of terror, Dup screamed himself awake in one short burst. He was truly terrified and it scared the shit out of me too. I was like, "OH MY GOD, Dup what were you dreaming about?!" His one word response before he went immediately back to sleep was, "CATS!"

Oh dear lord. He went back to sleep really quickly but I couldn't go back to sleep because I was laughing so hard. I kept thinking to myself, "Does he mean the animals or the musical?" and then this morning, I reminded him and he told me that he was at an old abandoned farm sort of place and there were these cats everywhere and they were trying to get him.

This does sound scary...

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger L. said...

the monkey has night terrors and bad dreams. i do the same thing, try to get him to tell me what it is before he goes back to sleep and forgets, and more than once he was being chased by raccoons. raccoons?


louella.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home