la Ketch

my life story

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

pregnant pauses


One of the (many) nice things about being pregnant is that the totally hard core cashier at Au Bon Pain, who is always in a bad mood and pretty much mean to everyone, will stop and ask you, "When are you havin the boo boo?" and when you say, "July" with a smile, she beams back, "God bless you! You have a blessed day child!" I mean, that just doesn't happen when you're not pregnant.

Now that the weather is nicer and I'm wearing my red wool coat with the empire waist, instead of my black puffy coat that looks like a sleeping bag, someone most always offers me a seat on the subway, which is nice. I feel bad about taking their seat because it's not like I can't stand up but I do get afraid of falling over when the subway jerks around 'cause my balance is really off right now. So, I just take the seat and say, "thank you."

I'm getting pretty excited for everything, the birth and just having him here. I'm 24 weeks today and so only 3 1/2 months to go. I think it will start wizzing by here, so I'm just trying to enjoy it for what it is now.

We're taking all of our classes this month and next month. We have so many classes: Intro to the Birthing Center, Early Dismissal from the Birthing Center, Childbirth Prep, Breastfeeding & Newborn Care. We have a lot of class! After all of that we should be experts right? heh, heh...

My mom got us the most beautiful crib and it's sitting in the box in our apartment. It's a co-sleeper, so it goes next to the bed and attaches but it's wooden, so it's really nice looking. I love it! I want to set it up but it takes up space and it's sort of weird to have an empty crib for 3 months in your apartment. I feel that I might try and put a diaper on the beagle and lay him down for a nap. So I think I'll wait a month. We have some other additions & changes we're making to make room for little Dup but those are minor. We'll be all set for him real soon. YAY!

A baby. It's just crazy. I'm so happy.

3 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger l. said...

honestly, you are the happiest, most excited pregnant lady i've ever encountered. it's wonderful. for reals.

/louella.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I am so happy for you. Such an amazing part of your life adventure, and I would have to say my favorite. Your experience reminds me when you were in my tummy. (Except I smoked and drank alcohol, sorry.)

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Eve said...

Oh, the nesting, the glowing, the excitement! Good, good times.
So happy for you, too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home