la Ketch

my life story

Saturday, January 20, 2007

tapes and tapes

There are these tapes that we have of my dad interviewing my sister and I when we were really little, like 2 & 3 years old. We're singing with him. They're super funny and cute and one of the only instances where my dad's voice is recorded. Dup is making copies of them now. He's going to send them to this place to get cd's made of them. Isn't that nice of him? They're sort of playing in the other room. At one point my dad says, "la Ketch come over here." and I just heard that and I almost got up and went over. It's so funny that he made these recordings to capture my sister and I as kids but now we listen to them to hear his voice.

My sister and I sound like chipmunks. It's pretty funny. And I boss her around so horribly. At one point my dad asks me my name and I tell him and then he asks my sister her name and she says that her name is my name, revealing her early identity crisis. She then starts singing Frosty the Snowman, wrong and it sort of turns into Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in this totally adorable and hilarious way. My dad is laughing at her because she's so cute and then I just stomp on her and order her to stop singing so that I can do it the right way. Then she says, "I have an idea, why don't we both do it?" It really breaks your heart. Especially since you can tell I really don't think that's a good idea AT ALL.


The whole thing is really innocent and adorable until you flip the tape over and listen to me, my sister and our neighbor across the street, about 7 & 8 years old now, making fart and pooping noises and pretending to be a retarded family. You can't really destroy half of the tape though. I wonder what the CD technician will think. They probably don't listen to them.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Thank you for taking such good care of the priceless tape. Thank you Deron for making sure it will survive the test of time. You will have fun making memories of your new little one. Start now, Hilary and video your tummy!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jessica Leader said...

Ah, yes, the farting and pooping and retarded family noises that were sooo funny to us 7- and 8-year-olds...the same noises that you would throttle your own future children for making. And yet we all turned out fine.

Congratulations on getting pregnant! I was shocked to realize how long I'd been away from the blogosphere when I saw that I'd missed the unfolding of this great story. Good luck with it all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home