la Ketch

my life story

Friday, January 12, 2007

Knocked into 07/07

ok cool fools that keep reading my blog even though i rarely post anything of substance anymore, there's a shift about to happen.

First of all, it's a good year, 2007. I've been looking forward to this year for a long time because sometime when I was little I figured out that during this year I will turn 33 (jesus year) on 07/07/07. All of those sevens are supposed to be sort of magic. Who knows what will happen but I have a good feeling. Who knows. I think I will have a party though because it's on a Saturday too and what are the chances of that?!

Second of all, i'm pregnant.

Do you like how i slipped that in there? Yes I really am. FINALLY. And it's very good and the Dupster and I are pretty happy.

Details: 12 weeks along. Due July 26th. Don't know the sex yet, will find out and let you know when we do. Probably going to keep the name a secret until it's born.

Anything else? We had our second pre-natal visit on Wednesday and we got to see a Sonogram of the little bugger and you could really see it in there moving around and kicking it's little legs and everything. There was narry a dry eye. We found out over thanksgiving but we wanted to keep it to ourselves until we knew it was going to "stick". The doc says, everything is looking really good and healthy so we're finally telling.

Telling YOU! The UNIVERSE!

Thank you for sticking by me during this past year of introversion and introspection. Turns out, getting knocked up isn't as easy as your mother told you it would be in high school.

I promise to write more later but I really am slammed at work. I will write more. Thank you.

xo,
la Ketch

11 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger bladio said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you guys!

much love from blade

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger john said...

Big congrats to both of you. All three of, really. Good job existing, fetus.

Please listen to the Lou Reed song "Beginning of a Great Adventure" when you can. Some of the lyrics are a little, you know, Lou Reedish but the overall message: good one.

Nothing in your life will ever be the same but it will be better.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger l. said...

flummoxed by the great goodness at hand!

good for you guys. i'm so glad.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

I am off the rails over here, Hil. I can't stop thinking about you guys. I can't wait to meet that baby. Love you so much.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Mike Daisey said...

Nice work!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Eve said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Oh WOW!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!
Man oh man, this will be a magical year for you!!!!!

Does it seem real yet? When I was pregnant with Piper, I didn't totally believe it until she was born... and even then, I kept pinching myself...

Holy hell- I am already excited to hear what your bambino will be named! :)

xo

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger la Ketch said...

Thank you so much, all of you. Your enthusiasm means a lot to me :-) I'ts a very happy time.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger DL said...

Oh wow !
Congratulations.
Wow, I am wiping a tear.
I suddenly feel so grown up and like we're all really growing up.
Wow.
I am so happy for your guys !!!

You are going to be such a wonderful and fun mom !
My love to you and Dup.

Dorothy.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Langus said...

Congratulations! That is super excellent!

It isn't as easy FOR SOME OF YOU, others were pretty fertile in High School! Hahhahaah.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Nathan Kornelis said...

Congratulations again. Yes. Keep the name a secret. You don't need people commenting on your choice. Don't even tell me.

Nathan

nathankornelis.com

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger kww said...

DANG ! I've been gone too long! This is FABULOUS news! Hooray!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to read more and catch up!
Watie also says, Oh that is greaaaat--if you talked to him much you might be able to hear that...it is so greaaaayte!

Lots of love to you and your belly! (And Dup and Elliott too of course!)
kww

 

Post a Comment

<< Home