la Ketch

my life story

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

flashback

Christmas was a wonderful success. I did not get out of my pajamas all day. I sat on the couch and watched horrible television for most of the morning, broke for lunch and then some good HBO in the afternoon until bed.
Have you ever watched Laurel and Hardy’s “March of the Wooden Soldiers” (sometimes called “Babes in Toy Land”) all the way through? I remember seeing bits and pieces of the film growing up but I know I’ve never watched it from beginning to end. Well folks let me tell you this movie is WHACKED OUT. I seriously felt like I was on acid watching it. The version they were showing was colorized (original is black and white) and that made it even more weird. They have these midgets and monkeys dressed in animal suits and masks playing the three little pigs and this Mickey Mouse type character. It’s so unnerving that you can’t stop watching it. It’s really over the top and Laurel and Hardy are pretty funny in a lot of the scenes. I found a link to the film on line but it’s in black and white. The colorization is what really makes it trippy. Still check it out if you want to get your freak on.

Later in the day, Dup went to the video store and rented the next three episodes of “Big Love”. This is the newish show on HBO starring Bill Paxton and Chloe Sevigny among talented others. It’s about a Polygamist family and it is really good and really FUCKED UP. It’s actually quite scary on a lot of levels and super addictive. We watched 3 episodes in a row.

I know that by very definition, dreams are generally weird and unusual but let me tell you, last night, I had the weirdest Mother Goose Polygamy dreams in my life. It was EPIC. I can not even begin to describe it to you.
Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home