la Ketch

my life story

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Automatic Coffee Maker Update

I know you're all dying to know if I got up on time this morning and so here is my report.

I did not get up on time this morning.

However, the fact that there was coffee did boost my morale and I was even jokey with Dup and not super mean to him like usual.

Conclusion: Automatic coffee maker doesn't help me get up on time but does make me less grumpy about being late. $24 investment = totally worth it.

I'm now considering a contraption that turns all of the lights on super bright, plays, "GOOD DAY SUNSHINE" really loud and tilts the bed up so that I slide out of it onto the floor.

How much do you think that would run me?

6 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger momster said...

I hate hate hate getting up in the morning. My mom used to drive me CRAZY coming in all chipper, singing a song, and opening my drapes. Of course she always falls asleep on the couch at 8:00 pm.
I wish I liked coffee so I could be enticed in that way!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

Dude, however much that Good Day Sunshine Bed Tilter thing costs, I will CHIP IN.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Reb and Heidi said...

Such a kind of bed does exist! It was invented by a Japanese bed. First, the bed whispers soothingly in your year, "Get up darling" I suppose in Japanese. Then it shakes. Then it plays music. Then if you aren't out of bed yet, it tilts upright and slides you on to the floor.

A cheaper alternative is "Clocky." Clocky, also Japanes, is a little robot clock. After he rings, he jumps off your night table and hides somewhere in your room. So you have to get up and find him if you want to press snooze.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Reb and Heidi said...

Hm I meant to say it was invented by a Japanese man rather than a Japanese "bed." A bed inventing a bed, that's freaky.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger la Ketch said...

CLOCKY!!!! i totally remember reading about clocky. FUCKING A it's so weird i want one but i know Dup would be the one hunting for it while i yelled from under the covers, "FUCK YOU CLOCKY!"

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger YogaLia said...

I just want the tilting Japanese bed to invent another bed. What do you think that would be? Would it be an oceanic bed that pulls you deeper and deeper into the mattress as it gets later and later, wraps the blankets tighter around you and whispers, "shhhh. it's only 5am." Even if it's not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home