la Ketch

my life story

Friday, January 06, 2006

Jessa can you hear me?



I can’t stop thinking about this other, really big example of a telepathic experience I had, by far the best and biggest ever. I can’t believe I forgot to mention it yesterday...

I have this friend who is Belgian. I know her from an acting class. She is this amazing, hilarious, open, free-spirited, crazy, crazy, very good actress. Her name is Jessa (pronounced “Yes-ah”). Jessa may be the most in-the-moment person I have ever met and she is really, really out there. She’s also very funny and because she is Belgian and she speaks Flemish, she has a funny accent, this makes her even funnier. She would be a great clown. I remember one time I told her I had this dream about her and she responded, “Ooooh yes, I had a dream about you too last night!” and went on to describe the longest most elaborate craziness I had ever heard. She went on for like 10 minutes. It did have similar themes as my dream but I was like, “Okay?! WOW, that’s quite a dream.” That’s not the telepathic experience I’m talking about though.

The telepathic experience happened when Dup and I were on our honey moon. We had been in Amsterdam and were stopping in Brussels on our way to London. We went on this crazy honeymoon that was really amazing, incredibly expensive but also, believe it or not, too long. We both thought that the longer we were gone the better but by the second week we started getting lonely for some friends. So when we arrived in Brussels, I regretted that I hadn’t tried to contact Jessa because it would be nice to hang out with someone who knew their way around the city, which is quite large. I didn’t have her e-mail or phone number or anything but I was pretty sure she was living there at the time because the last time I ran into her (randomly of course), she told me she was moving back. I felt really strongly that she was there and so I decided, just for kicks and as an experiment, to send her telepathic messages letting her know that I was there too. I remember saying to myself, “If anyone is going to listen to a telepathic message it’s this crazy chick.”

Dup and I decided early on in the day that we would eat dinner in this really touristy section of Brussels. It was what Dup affectionately referred to as “The Cutie Town” of the City. We decided to eat at a kind of nice restaurant that was famous for mussels and fries because Brussels is famous for mussels and fries. I freaking love mussels and I freaking love fries, so this is like heaven to me.

I was looking at the map that day as we were just walking around and checking stuff out and the whole while I was sending Jessa these messages, “I’m here and I’ll be at this restaurant tonight”. While I did it, I visualized the alley and the restaurant the lighting, all of it. I had to visualize what I imagined it would look like because I hadn’t actually seen it yet but it turned out to be amazingly accurate (the description in the guidebook helped). I worked on sending her these messages for about 20-30 minutes and then, of course, I got bored and forgot all about it. I didn’t mention anything to Dup about it besides the fact that I regretted not getting in touch with her because she’s fun to party with, lots of energy.

I have this really funny story that is an example. I brought her with me once on this job I used to have when I first got to New York where I handed out samples of Absolute Vodka to girls in gay bars. I was kind of like the “Jaggermeister Girl” for Lesbians. It was a pretty good gig because it only took an hour to do each bar and you got $100 a bar so it was sort of like making $100 an hour. I usually did it alone but this one night I hired Jessa as my assistant because it was a huge night and I knew I was going to get bombarded; also, I knew she was strapped for cash. I told her to meet me at a bar near where we would be doing the gig and that she should wear a tight t-shirt. When she got there in her tight t-shirt, I gave her an Absolute Vodka baseball cap to put on her head and bought her a shot of bourbon. I could tell she was really nervous and I kept telling her that it was going to be fine not to worry. We both got good and buzzed and headed over. When we got there and I gave her the tray with the shots and the t-shirts, she was like, “Is all I have to do is pass out all these things and then that’s it?” and I was like, “Yes! What did you think?!” She thought we were going to strip. Once she figured out that we didn’t have to strip, she was so happy that she like took over the entire bar. She was partying with all these groups of girls and they LOVED HER. I had to drag her out of there and when I gave her fifty bucks she said, “I can’t believe I’m getting paid from this.” It was hilarious.

So Dup and I are in Brussels and we’ve walked around all day, drank beer and ate waffles (yes, together. Gross, I know but it was good). We saw the tiny pissing boy who was sooo tiny! We went to the Tin Tin Museum and saw a giant Smurf (Smurfs are Belgian and they first came out in the 50’s and there was NO Smurfette. Smurfette is entirely American). Finally we made it to dinner. It was awesome. We had some white wine and mussels and fries dipped in mayo (not ketchup!). Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum. We were just finishing our meal and I was a little drunk, as I am want to be and I looked up and who the hell was walking up the alley right towards me? You guessed it motherfuckers, it was Jessa. I started screaming my head off like an insane person.

I leapt up out of my chair, “Jessa! Jessa!” When she saw me, her face registered one level of disbelief because she hadn’t seen me in so long and then a real, deep level of disbelief because she realized that we weren’t in New York but in Brussels. We were jumping up and down and hugging each other. She was with this guy friend of hers and the story gets even more random because she wasn’t even living in Brussels at the time. She was living out on the coast with her parents. Her sister was living in Brussels and she was only in town for one night, staying with her sister because the friend that she was with, who was visiting from Jersey, was in town and she wanted to show him around. She was only walking up this incredibly touristy alley because he was with her and she of course wanted to show him the “Cutie Town”.

Pretty cool right? We went out for some drinks with her and her friend. We didn’t stay out too late because Dup and I were so tired from walking around all day and being lost most of the time. Also, we had to get up early to catch our train but we had a really fun time talking and stuff. I told the story of Jessa thinking she had to strip and that got some laughs. Before we left, I told Jessa about how I had been sending her telepathic messages and I asked her if she had been getting them. Had she thought of me at all that day? Did she have any strange voices telling her to walk down that alley? She said, “Ohhh… no? I don’t remember it but I am glad you did it to me!” Then when we were saying goodbye I asked her for her current contact information so that I could keep in touch and she said, “But why? You and I don’t need that to talk to each other!” I guessed she was right and so we didn’t even exchange e-mail or anything. I’m sure that I will see her again at some point, especially now that I’m putting this story out there on the WORLD WIDE WEB FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO READ. Poor girl’s ears are probably on fire right now.

6 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

That is a great story!


Tell it again.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger bladio said...

that is awesome!

last night i dreamed that our dog threw up. and then this morning, she did! and she never throws up so it was really really really weird.

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger momster said...

That is so very very cool. It's like willing something to happen and it does. I am very impressed with your telepathic abilities!

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger pete. said...

So tonight Carolyn, Rodley, and I watched "The Crying Game." As we were watching
it my mind wandered a bit, and I thought, for no logical reason I can remember, of the
group Gong and how I still haven't bought their album Flying Teapot. I was on a Gong trip a few years ago and always meant to get that, their only one I don't have. Then I forgot about it till a few minutes ago when I logged onto my other email account. There, top of my inbox, a message from Amazon.com sent today with the subject, "Amazon recommends Flying Teapot and other items."

My other moment of synchronicity was yesterday when I passed gas and thought to myself "thank god Rodley isn't back for several hours!" Less than ten seconds later she was at the door. I told her to either stay in the hall...or run past me! STINKronicity...

I love this stuff!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger momster said...

Pete, apparently you have not heard of the 'toot and scoot' method of passing gas. I'm sure you will become well acquainted with it when we meet in Colorado in a few days. As you know, high altitudes = increased flatulence.
STINKaliciously yours,
momster

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger pete. said...

I remembered another one.... About five years ago I have a chat with a co-worker about spiritual matters. He'd been around and I asked him if he'd ever met anyone he thought was enlightened. He said he hadn't met Sai Baba but when he stayed at his ashram in India he had a lot of powerful dreams about the guru. I asked him to spell Sai Baba and wrote it in my notebook. Less than half an hour later I picked up one of the random weird books that turns up at El Rey, a cheesy looking thing that looked as though it had been self-published, Walking on Fire. Well, I opened it up right to a photo of Sai Baba in all his afro'd glory. Freaked me out. I know the guy's a charlatan, but he is famous for pulling psychic stunts like that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home