la Ketch

my life story

Thursday, December 15, 2005

la Ketch on the Run


I'm sorry but i'm still obsessed with Pippi. I just can't wait to watch those damned dvd's. Two things I keep thinking about that i can't wait to see again are both from "Pippi on the Run". The first is a song that Pippi, Tommy and Anika sing when they are riding on Old Man (the horse).

It goes:
Wake up you lazy bones
you've got some work to do
But the lazy bones says not today
tomorrow I'll work for you
tra la la la la la
I'll work so hard tomorrow
tra la la la la la
That's why I'm resting up today
The other part I can't wait to see is when this farmer lets them stay in his barn overnight. Pippi, Tommy and Anika are hanging out up in the hay loft with the farmer's kids at night talking about swear words. Anika says, "I know one but I have to whisper it." so Pippi has her whisper it in her ear. She whispers, "Heck". Then Pippi says, "Oh that's nothing. I know a much worse swear than that." Of course she does, her dad is a pirate. So she flings open the barn windows and screams out at the top of her lungs, "SHUT YOUR GOD DAMNED COTTON PICKIN MOUTH!" The farmer happens to be sitting under the window smoking his pipe and he hears it of course. Then he does this double take like, "What the....?!" And all the kids are dying laughing. They can't believe she said it.

3 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Oh my heavens! The foul language on this blog has just gotten OBSCENE!!!!
;)

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Ashley M.B. said...

I've always been a huge (shhh... closet) Pippi fan and our boarding stable just got a spotted horse just like "Old Man" (I thought the horse's name was Alfonso?) Anyhow- i've been told that the fullbody appaloosa, white horse with black spots, is quite rare actually, its double recessive and its speculated that in another 20 yrs. or so it'll be gone. But besides that- and my kids are grown now- but youre DAMN right I'll be dressing as Pippi this year and taking a few pics w/ this horse! Hahaha

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Ashley M.B. said...

OH and i'm here cuz i forgot the lyrics to this "wake up you lazy bones" lil ditty- but I still remember how to play it on the piano

 

Post a Comment

<< Home