la Ketch

my life story

Monday, December 12, 2005

Inger Nilsson

Do you remember when they used to play the original Pippi movies on television? Do you remember how the Swedish was dubbed over in English so poorly? I love it! It took me a LONG TIME to figure out that it wasn't them talking. Was I dumb? Maybe a little. Good news! The entire series is now available in a box set on dvd and it's still dubbed! Dear God, please say it's the same voices. Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh. I can't wait for Christmas...

5 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Man ALIVE, I used to LOVE Pippi Longstocking too! I would read her books over and over again, just fascinated by the BALLS of this little girl who lived on her own and had no need for manners. She ate chocolate for breakfast, and had a horse living in her house, for the love of Pete. Awesome!!
Sometimes my father-in-law calls my daughter Pippi, and I think it's so funny. :)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Sean Nelson said...

no relation.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger la Ketch said...

are you sure Rambini? I mean, look at her?

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Reb and Heidi said...

I read the books but I've never seen the Pippi movies! Wow this could be a great Christmas for me, too.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger la Ketch said...

you HAVE to watch the movies. My personal favorite is "Pippi on the Run" Inger Nillson IS Pippi Longstocking. In Sweden, she is considered to be a National Treasure. They are very vehement about the fact that she is the REAL Pippi. They have a Astrid Lingren House in Stockholm which is a museum dedicated to all of her stories but it is also sort of a ride. You fly around in this little car looking at all of these scenes from her books in miniature. When you get out they say, "Welcome to Villa Villa Koolah!" and you are in this big replica of Pippi's House. It's so cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home