la Ketch

my life story

Thursday, January 05, 2006

the time has come


I love synchronicity in all forms. It totally excites me. I love it when you are talking about someone and they walk around the corner. I love it when you run into someone randomly in a place that seems impossible for two people to just run into each other. It trips me out in a good way.

Back when I was doing a ton of psychedelics, I got really into synchronicity as well as telepathy, past lives etc. I still find that it’s fairly easy to tell what another person is thinking if you are open to it and they are. There are small examples and big examples.

Every once in a while, Dup and I will be walking along in silence and he will bring something up that I am thinking about at that very moment. He’ll be like, “When do you want to go see Blah blah blah?” and I will have been just thinking that very thing. “When should we go see that?” Things like this are small telepathic experiences.

Once my college room mate and I were driving from Bellingham to Seattle and her radio was broken. We sat in silence for a while, each thinking our own thoughts just hanging out. I was driving and she was in the passenger seat. All of a sudden, out of absolutely nowhere and in complete unison she and I both sang out the first line of that Midnight Oil Song, “THE TIME HAS COME!” That’s all we sang. We both swear that we hadn’t heard the song recently on the radio or anything. We didn’t own the CD and neither one of us had been singing it to ourselves or anything. It was bizarre, to say the least. That is an example of a large telepathic experience.

Synchronicity is different though. It’s sort of like, de ja vu in that it has no significance. Déjà vu is usually like, “I was standing here and she walked a cross and he said that, etc…” Nothing big or monumental is happening. And with synchronicity it's similar. How I usually notice it, is when two people will say the same thing at the same time but they are unaware of the other person’s conversation. You can hear it happen in an office a lot. I hear it maybe once or twice a day. Someone will be talking on the phone next to me and someone will be talking to someone at the credenza but they can’t hear each other’s conversations because they are both tuned into their own conversation. Then they will both say “I can’t do anything about that” at the same time. Or they will both say, “Yes” or the will both say “No” or they will both say, “No Way!” But they are talking to totally different people about totally different things. You can also hear it a lot at parties. If you sort of check out and wander so that you can hear multiple conversations, you can notice it.

The reason I started thinking about this so much this morning is because I experienced for the first time synchronicity over Instant Messenger. I’m at work and I was talking to too people at the same time (the genius of Instant Messenger). The first person was my friend Cherry Bomb who was telling me how she and her common law husband got each other a maid service for Christmas. I was telling her what a completely genius idea I think this is. In meantime, I’m over on the other side of my screen having this conversation with this guy from another company we do business with about getting a diamond from Kay Jewelers for his fiancé. I’m telling him he might as well get her socks and he says that maybe he will and I say well at least make them cashmere and he says cashmere socks shrink and I say you have to hand wash them and he says his MAID won’t do that and I say I don’t have a maid and he says “you should get one, it’s totally worth it” and at the exact, I mean EXACT same moment my friend Cherry Bomb who is still talking about her maid service types, “You should get one.”

I don’t know why I love stuff like that so much. I guess it’s just proof to me that there’s something else. I never doubt that there is but its proof to me that there is and I like proof. People call things like that coincidence but I don’t think it is coincidence at all. I think it’s synchronicity. It’s Chaos finding order in its self, in a very tiny way

Hmmmm. Deep thoughts with La Ketch….

What’s my point you may be asking yourself. What’s my POINT? My point is, I’m getting a fucking maid service. HELLOOO!! Life is obviously trying to tell me something here.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

I'm with you, baby. I love that stuff within an inch of its life. And I definitely need a freaking maid service.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jessica Leader said...

I must say, I feel validated when fellow artsy, boho-types use a maid service. Coming home to a floor depillated of hairballs is the hair's breadth between despair and sanity. Also, thank you for the big shout-out a few weeks ago I grin in sheepish delight.

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger pete. said...

Well, everything's connected, right? I get excited by this stuff too. It happens a few times a month--not nearly enough. I'm thinking hard now, trying to remember the most recent one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home