la Ketch

my life story

Saturday, December 17, 2005

re: the blog


Tonight this show i've been working on closes and i will be a free agent once again. I'm looking forward to tonight's performance because I've got some friends coming and since everyone waits until the last minute, I'm thinking the house will be packed. Hopefully, it will be a fun and energetic show with some laughs and then IT WILL BE OVER. Wooo Hoooo!

I don't know if you've noticed but I pulled out all of the links from the Homecoming Queen Acid Story and placed them in the side bar in order. What I'm planning on doing is working on the stories and hopefully, turning them into a book of sorts. A novel? A memoir? I have no clue what you call it because I've never written a book before but I'm really excited to see what happens. I have to say that I am rather elated at the idea of working on something that has NO COLLABORATIVE ASPECTS WHATSOEVER. It's just me and me and me.


It's not that I don't enjoy collaborating because I do. It's just that it's pretty much all I've ever done. Acting and theatre is always collaborative on a certain level and there are so many personalities to navigate. I like navigating personalities. I think I'm good at it but goddamn it can get exhausting, can't it? Yes, it sure can la Ketch. See I'm already creating a dialog with myself. This is going to be great. I'm going to be my own best friend. Oh, and you. You too are my best friend blog and I will share the revised stories as I go along IF I FEEL LIKE IT.

Also I want to thank you again, blogger friends, for your support. A special shout out to
Tomato and Basil who has been giving me crazy props and encouraging me for a while now. You should go check out her blog because she's got some funny stories on it.

xo,
la Ketch

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Eve said...

I hope you do the book! That would be excellent! I'd buy it, for sure!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger john said...

O! Let me tell you. Working on your own is not just where it's at, it's where it's iz-at. A former actor friend summed it up best by saying "why should I spend all my time in a drafty basement with 10 other people, 6 of whom I hate?" You needn't quit acting like he did and I did, but there's tremendous liberty in working on your own in silence at a computer. Crippling loneliness too, of course, but wonderful freedom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home