la Ketch

my life story

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

anniversaries


I forgot to draw attention to an important anniversary, our second year in Los Angeles which was July 14th. Bastille Day. If you have to ask me why we moved on Bastille Day, well then, you really don't deserve to know the answer...

I've spoken many times here about how glad I am we made the move and how much I love living here so I won't go into that too much. I think that when you move to most places, especially a big city, it takes a year to really feel settled and like you know your way around but with LA, i think it's more like 2 years. It's just so big. We're slowly getting out to see even the most obvious tourist type of stuff. We recently went to Olvera Street, which was fun and kind of eh but nostalgic for me because I went there as a kid. We walked around Union Station which is really beautiful.

This year I'd love to visit the Getty and go to the Hollywood Bowl. Both are hard with the kiddos though...

Last weekend Dup and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. woW! six year of pure bliss my friends. And by pure bliss I mean, I get drunk and yell at him a lot but we work it out the next day.

Seriously though, having the second kid and dealing with a very strained budget has been very difficult this year but we have weathered the storm. Dup!! I love him.

One upcoming anniversary is 2 years in our condo. wow again. I've mentioned before that when we moved in I said, "five years" as in how long it would take for us to get the place to an acceptable living space. That doesn't mean a dream condition, just acceptable. I think that was a very fair assessment and it's probably exactly how long it will take. Money is tight and any extra money I get usually goes into some home improvement project. It's taking a long time. But if you look at the before and after, we've come a long way too! I am painting the living room ONE WALL AT A TIME. it's a huge pain. huge pain. but it's s-l-o-w-l-y happening. I'm hoping by the end of this year it will be done. After that, the bathroom. There's a lot of painting to do for a seemingly small space. I have a feeling it will be like painting the Golden Gate Bridge and when I'm finally done it will be time to go back to the kitchen. Ah Life!!! These are good problems to have.

Speaking of good problems to have, let's talk about another upcoming anniversary and that is the birth of my precious little Jasper aka TROUBLE!!! He's getting into anything he can these days especially if it's dangerous. He likes to find the most dangerous thing in the room and crawl over to it and sink his teeth in. Dup has found him half way up the stairs 2 x now. He is pulling himself up and pushing around his little walker. He'll be taking his first steps by Oct 13th, his first b-day. We decided that instead of having a big party where we invite the whole family and spend a crap load of money (and he won't remember it) just so that we can get a photo op of him shoving cake in his face, we're going to go to Disneyland as a family. FUN!! I'm so excited. Dup and I both love Disneyland and so does Davey of course. We've shown him a lot of the Disney movies and he watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse a lot so he's familiar with the old characters too.

Willis and Lia are probably coming with us and did you hear the fantastic news that they are engaged?? They came over and told us in person, which was so touching. I screamed so loud that I made Jasper burst into tears. We are so happy for them. They are going to have to most beautiful children with the curliest hair. That's a photo of them taken by Davey. It looks like they are coming down the hallway from the after life or something. They look super happy. That's how they react to Davey with those smiles and energy. I love them for how they love our kids. It's so sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home