la Ketch

my life story

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

grateful



Listening to the new ani difranco album. It makes me feel like i'm in college again, which is a good feeling. I loved college. God I miss that time.

Ani Difranco is kind of like the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. If you read that book at the right time in your life it can have a really deep effect on you but later on it's just like, "eh." I used to not be able to understand why people don't like her. I mean you really either love her or hate her. I know a lot of people on both sides of the fence. I used to not be able to understand why anyone might hate her but I can see why more clearly now. Especially now, she's kind of fallen into the same trap that Prince fell into later on. Since she has her own label she puts out these big fat albums and there are usually 2 songs that are really good on each one. Her earlier stuff is amazing from beginning to end. Without a doubt my favorite album of hers is the very first one she did which is just titled "Ani Difranco". It kills me really. I love that album, damn.

So I'm listening to this new one and I like parts of it. She streams it free on her website so go check it out if you're a fan.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and we're driving up to my mom's at the ass crack of dawn to avoid traffic. It should be a pretty low key holiday. I'm really looking forward to the 4 days off!

I went on a cruise last weekend with my Grammy, sister, mom and cousin. It was to celebrate my Grammy's 86th b-day. We had a great time. I mean if I never go on another cruise again as long as I live that is just fine with me. This one was 3 days to Ensenada and it's very cheap and totally trashy with grown adults acting like frat boys. Ensenada is a sad little town. The boat rocked a lot and smelled like septic. The company was ideal though, a perfect combo of people and we laughed pretty much the entire time. After two drinks it became the best idea ever. My Grammy had a good time too, which was the whole point.

So much to be thankful for. I'm still tripping that we're finally here in CA. I fought for it for so long. Here we are in this condo we own in LA with the baby and the dog, what's next? I'm a person who lives for the future, always planning the next adventure. It feels good to be still. There's plenty of to do, don't get me wrong! It's just a strange sensation, to just be here and live.

I'm starting to miss the New York crew though. Hi guys! I don't miss the cold. I miss the snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home