la Ketch

my life story

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

check it

First of all, let me welcome a new blog to my blog roll...... Penny and the who? Staring my very own sister Penny Jayne. She has some great photos of the kids and a riveting story about getting groped and stalked in her neighborhood and that's just her first week! Penny and the who? is not pulling any punches people.

Second, a lot has happened since my last post. I've been having some issues with my heart that brought me to ER the week before last. We're still getting to the bottom of it but it seems to be a hormonal issue and multifaceted, compounded by stress.

Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do. We've all heard it and we all know it but to know it intellectually and experience it physically are different. I think that I wasn't allowing myself the decency to cope with the stress I was dealing with because everything was so positive. All of my dreams are coming true and I'm so happy about it but I still have about 25 balls in the air and my nervous system is shot because of it. I'm feeling much better this week though.

It so funny in retrospect now I can see what a mess of nerves I've been. The job mostly. There's just so much riding on me doing well at it. I'm doing well at it but being new is hard and you just can't be entirely useful to any one because you don't even know every one's names or what they do or how to transfer a call directly to voice mail. So that makes you feel nervous and when you're nervous you make mistakes and that makes you feel even more nervous. YIKES!

The wonderful wonderful news is that the final offer we put down on this condo in Culver City we want has been accepted. YAAYY!! We are in escrow, not out of the woods yet. For those of you who don't know, escrow is where you give a neutral party your deposit until certain things about the sale of the home are sussed out like an inspection and the loan going through, etc. Please wish us luck on this harrowing journey. When it closes (and it will close!), I will post some photos. It's a shit hole with real potential. Every thing needs to be upgraded, EVERYTHING. But the skeleton of the space is very good, high ceilings, lots of light, spacious, etc. Very good. It's going to take us about 3-5 years to whip it into shape I think and then we'll have a lovely place to live.

I have to get to work but I just wanted to check in.

8 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger P to the J to the K said...

It's Penny and Who? plus two
Like John and Kate plus eight. I just shortened the url to pennyandwho.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger bladio said...

thanks for the update hil. i'm glad you're feeling better this week but i'm sorry you haven't been feeling too hot. it sounds scary.

congratulations on the condo too! i can't wait to see pictures.

re: work - you'll get there, they're lucky to have you, and they know it.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger YogaLia said...

This is all exciting stuff! Except of course for the heart-pounding part of it...and I hope that you're taking care of yourself and being easy on your bod!!

We miss you guys a lot, but I'm so happy to hear that things are working out so well.

Much love to ya!

-Lia

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Honey! I don't know where to start! Well, first, I'm not Dave. I'm Tina. But in the real first place, your HEART. Oh, heart. It okay. Everything be okay. You take it easy, heart. Okay. (I'm so glad you're feeling better and I'm sure you'll give yourself whatever you need to take care of yourself. You have to keep us posted.)

It sounds like everything else is so good. I am so happy that you landed that job and know that you will kick its ass and take down its name. (What does it mean, taking names?) And I also know that you're the perfect candidate for a fixer-upper. You'll make it beautiful.

I'm so glad you checked in. Huge love to you, sweeto!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger L. said...

i'm glad your heart is out of the ER. let us know if we can do anything?


-louella.

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

Congrats, darlin'... and take care of yourself!!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger john said...

The stress of moving is enormous and hard to anticipate because of all the excitement that goes with moving as well. When we moved from Seattle to St Paul it just about killed me. I had no idea it would be what it was. Be well and know the worst is over and the turbo stress is temporary.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Ginger said...

Yay for all of the new and exciting stuff, and holy shit for the heart stuff. Scary.
Take care of yourself, and congratulations (almost!) on the house!
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home