la Ketch

my life story

Thursday, October 26, 2006

America's Next Top Beagle

Eliott's "Best Shot"

Tuesday and Wednesday nights Dup has school and I'm home by myself with Eliott, aka "Baby E". Last night I had a mass of chores to do like picking up laundry, washing delicates, doing dishes, making myself dinner, putting laundry away, walking eliott, feeding eliott, etc. The whole while I was listening to music, which was a nice change. You see I've fallen into this pattern on Tuesday and Wednesday nights that consists of ordering take out, drinking half a bottle of wine and watching television until Dup gets home. It has to stop. I decided last night that on Tuesdays I would let myself watch TV from 8-10 because it's Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars but Wednesday, no TV because it's America's Next Top Model and that show is the devil. Also, I decided not to stop by and get a bottle of wine on the way home from work last night. We didn't have any wine in the house and I thought, "that's good. I'll do yoga instead. It will feel better than drinking."

I finished my chores and I had just finished making my dinner. I rounded the corner into the living room where I had planned on reading the New Yorker as I ate and what do you think I found? Eliott was not only sitting there watching America's Next Top Model but he had actually cracked a beer and left it for me on the table. He had this adorable little look on his face like, "Melrose is such a bitch but she's the best, isn't she?"

Let's just say, I didn't do any yoga last night. The question is, how in the heck did he turn on the TV with those little paws of his? As Jerry Blank would say, "I guess we'll never know."

3 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger momster said...

And opening a BEER bottle? I'd say that elevates Elliot to SUPER Beagle status.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Jessica Leader said...

You don't like America's Next Top Model? Scandal!!!! But you know who Melrose is, so you must, in fact, watch. You secretly do love the horribleness of it all.

As you can see, I'm having a hard time reconciling this vast difference in our tastes.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger la Ketch said...

oh cake. i watch it. it's the worst piece of trash ever but i totally watch it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home