la Ketch

my life story

Thursday, November 24, 2005

to personify my feelings

Confidence, anger and righteousness are just so tight aren't they? I’ll take confidence but he refuses to come without righteousness and righteousness and anger are practically joined at the hip. Not only that but they often invite entitlement along just for kicks.

I tell them all to just go away and leave me alone. They oblige but then here comes old self-doubt, moseying along, “uhhh, wich way did dey goh?” Of course pity shows up with a bottle of something; she wants to party and shame isn’t doing anything tonight can he come over? These emotions just won’t stand alone.

Contentment shows up days later, always unexpected with a warm, familiar smile. “You didn’t think I’d forgotten you?” Of course not, of course not. Deep down, I knew you were with me all along.

But contentment knows confidence really well. They go way back. I think you can see where I’m going with this...

11 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger lascabecitas said...

good blog. visit my site, an uruguayan man in nyc, congrats for your work. see you.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Eve said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Very cute!
Now, put DOWN the wine bottle, and go tend to that turkey. It's marinading in neglect, which will only lead to spite, which may cause indigestion...

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger izchan said...

its turkey day ... be thankful ..rite?

:P

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

Now, no lectures on Turkey Day, Izchan.

You were saying, Hil?

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Jessica Leader said...

I'm actually responding to the post of a few weeks ago about Annie, which cracked me up. My version of How Annie Affected My Life contains an art-inspiring-artists theme. After seeing a PRIVATE SCREENING of Annie at Lauren R's b'day party (her father was a multi-millionaire back in 1982), my friends and I decided that WE would make our OWN musical about orphans. It had NOTHING to do with Annie; nothing, I tell you. It did, however, involve making construction-paper lanterns and eating lots of double-stuff Oreos at Liz C's house and telling each other, "When we get to school, we're not going to hang out like we usually do; we're going to work!" I don't know if the play was ever performed (did it even have lines? Dance moves? A verse or two of a song, perhaps?), but the creation of those lanterns was our livelihood for at least two days.

So glad you shared about the Annie bug. Its influence was truly inestimable, and it should be noted as such.

I also enjoyed Birkin Blog likening herself to "a young, highly untalented Ethel Merman." Who wasn't, really?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger la Ketch said...

Tomato & Basil: That is fucking hilarious. Your OWN musical about orphans?! come on. you were obviously little geniuses... if only you had some record of it! just the lanterns though. great story. thanks!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

Millie,

I notice you don't have a link to your massive cache of uplifting writing. Weird.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger la Ketch said...

yeah, go fuck yourself millie. like you've ever been sober a day in your life...

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

Um...Millie...word just reached me that you're a friend of Hilary's. Oops. I was afraid it might be something like that when I made the comment. Sorry!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Sammee said...

la Ketch, I love reading your blog, keep writing... I'm your newest blog fan. haha. I can see what you mean, but do you think anyone EVER really experiences contentment?? Isn't contentment more of a permanent thing, rather than a transient thing? And if you experience transient bouts of contentment, then you're not really content??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home