la Ketch

my life story

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rain and Merry Christmas


No more excuses now because things have really quieted down at work and I'm free to write here so maybe it's just that so much time has passed but also maybe I'm just apathetic and uninspired? I don't know. I'm just going to type into this thing and see what comes out.

We're celebrating Christmas at our place this year. My Grammy isn't feeling well, being 88 and all and so we've decided to stay put because she's not up for the drive or the staying at my mom's and sleeping on the couch bed and all of the chaos, etc. It will be fun I think, scaled down a little as far as the food and stuff but we'll manage. I got a honey baked ham and ordered some pies so it will be low key. It's going to get small in the condo though.

It's been raining here for 7 days straight. Not normal for So Cal and people are freaking out. It's supposed to let up tomorrow, so that's a relief. It's amazing how easily to get used to the weather here and how easily you take going outside all of the time for granted. It's taking me back to the old days of living in Washington State, the dreary depression of the 8 month long rainy season there. People say, "You know it doesn't really rain that much there. That's a myth. That's just what the people who live there say to stop people from moving there." Well I lived there for 10 years and it rained the whole fucking time. It was horrible that rain. I hated it. When it's not raining, well it's the most beautiful place you've ever seen. But it is raining. A lot. Forgive me if you live there and are reading this and I'm depressing you. Hopefully it's stopped raining after I moved away.

So I'm talking about the weather now.... My Niece is staying with us and she's always building things out of blankets and boxes and stuff. We got this big box of diapers that we ordered yesterday and she was like, "oh I'm going to make something really good out of that." and within minutes she had out the scissors and tape and she and Davey made a train. Then last night Davey slept in the train. He loves the train so much he kept telling her, "Kiah thank you for making me my train bed. I love my train bed." I thought he's be all hyper sleeping in it but no, I shut the door and he was quiet as a mouse and he stayed in there all night. He says he wants to eat all of his meals in there going forward. Deron took Kiah and the boys to the Science Center today since it's still raining. Fun. I'm sitting here trying to make myself do filing and expense reports and all of the other super boring stuff that I don't have time to do when it's busy but it's really hard to make yourself do that kind of stuff when no one is watching. So I'm blogging. Hey! Look at me! I'm blogging!

I do really love Christmas. I love that everything shuts down and that you get together and you eat and drink and the presents are fun but the Christmas cards.... They are really cute when they come I enjoy seeing the photos of the families but I can't help but think to myself, "Show offs." I mean honestly who has time for that shit???

Jasper is fully walking now. Video is needed. He also says Dada and Mama and he says "Ha" and points to his head, which means hat. And he also Says "Ha ha ha" and fans his hand in front of his face when there is something hot. He is obsessed with Gummy vitamins.

I guess that's all I got. I'm working on a photo collage that I'll send out as an e-card because I do have time for that...

Oh one thing I really want to do this year is send out a "real" annual letter. I think I'll do that in another post actually.

Merry Christmas!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home