la Ketch

my life story

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Zu Zu's Petals

Huloo. I haven't had time to blog because I've been working so hard on my novel. Heh, heh. Just kidding. I've been busy at work. This is true but it's never stopped me before. I've been uninspired? Maybe. I feel so angry today. I'm super busy and everyone is just driving me insane. Anytime anyone asks me to do anything, I snap and scowl. I've yelled at customer service representatives. I have lost my cool. I'm trying to reduce my stress levels but today I am failing. How do people get what they want without totally freaking out on people? It's always been my way. I get stern and snide and out smarty. Mean. I get mean.

A lot of people in New York work this way, which is why I think I feel so at home here but I'm trying to be different. My question today is, "what to do with all of this anger?"

It's really a question for the non-angry people out there: Do you just not feel it (the anger) or are you putting it somewhere and if you are putting it somewhere, where exactly are you putting it?

NOW Here's some fantastic news: Dup booked a commercial, ending a three year dry spell with a National Verizon Spot. YES! thank you jesus.

Many of you may know that the "Verizon Guy" aka "Can You Hear Me Now" Guy is a good friend of ours but Dup getting this commercial is a crazy coincidence. It's super crazy because not only is our Verizon Guy friend in the commercial but Dup is playing "The Imposter Verizon Guy". He is dressed up like him with the jumpsuit and glasses and everything, pretending to be him. It's too weird. What are the chances?

Another thing: not only did Dup book the commercial, he beat out favorite down-town theatre / indy film star / star blogger URBANIAK. Scroll down to his Thursday, August 17th entry about his audition. (I can't figure out how to link right to the entry). Don't cry for Urbaniak! He's doing ok and his wife just had adorable twins. Yes, Urbaniak is fine.

And it's awesome news for Dup and la Ketch! Of course there's no money in the bank yet. It has to run for the money to get into the bank. Please watch for it and let us know if you see it because everytime they play that commercial, an angel gets its wings.

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Tina Rowley said...

Woo-hoo! Wahoo! The Dup! And he beat out James Urbaniak - ooh la LA!

Also, I'd say that on the whole I'm not the angriest person in the world, but it's in there and basically it comes out in the shower where I have imaginary arguments or in my car where I routinely flip everybody off and curse and bang on the wheel unattractively. I'm always like, "WHAT THE FUCK?! LET'S GO! JESUS!" and then I find out that it's an old person driving and I feel like an asshole.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger YogaLia said...

Hooray DUP!!! Rockstar city!!

I do what Tina does--I get crazy road rage and I'm all like "oooh, where did that come from?" and I kind of secretly like it, but also, and this is to ease your mind, also I have often wished I would go quicker to anger and not so quick to "I hate myself I'm an asshole"--yes, sometimes I wish instead my reaction would be "I hate THAT OTHER PERSON, HE or SHE is an asshole!"

But when it builds up, oh yes, it's that "I can't get this out" feeling...where do it go? I dunno. I actually think the only way to diffuse anger is to be told a really funny and possibly dirty joke. I think you have to get something to make you laugh AGAINST YOUR OWN will, so that your insides are like, "I really wanna still be all fumey and angry!" and your outsides are just crumpling into laughter.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger momster said...

Congrats to Dup on the commercial! Instead of an angel getting its wings, maybe it's a La Katch getting a new dining set. Hmmm...

momster

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Joinha said...

DO you know where I can find that commerical online. The impostor guy looks exactly like my uncle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home